Pages

Thursday 27 December 2012

A Busy Festive Season!

I had hoped to invest a little more time in the radio hobby over the festive season but it became apparent that I was going to struggle to achieve this.

First of all, I hate Christmas and I hate the cold and depressingly short winter days, although it can hardly be said it has been a particularly cold one so far. I look at the large red apples still being proudly displayed on our apple tree of less than one year old.

Snow? There hasn't been any and the same is true of any real DX. My three favourites, medium wave, band 2 FM and the 10 metre amateur band have all been very quiet. Some minor achievements have been made with band 2 meteor scatter and this remind me that I am behind with updates to my logs.

The main distraction this Christmas has been the arrival of ten beautiful Rottweiler puppies in November. Well done Crystal for delivering them and to Monty, the dad, for being the doting father and looking after them - even trying to feed them! He wasn't pleased when they kept biting his gonads though. They spend most of the daytime eating, grumbling at each other and making a lot of 'mess'. One of them like to sing a lot, especially at 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am ... you get the idea (zzzzz!).

Here's wishing everybody the best for 2013 and let's hope we all get some exotic DX.

No comments:

Post a Comment