Pages

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Skegness Log: 21-01-15 (FM)

Band 2 Meteor Scatter:
103.6 2031 POL Radio Nadzieja, Lomza/Komin CM (PL) 301C  1442km **

** Personal 'First'

Meteor scatter was scarce today, plus I had problems with my overnight recordings. Since I had forgotten to delete some of yesterday's recordings, there was insufficient space on my hard drive and so recording stopped when the drive became full. The FDM-SW2 software warns me, before the recordings start, that there is insufficient space on the drive, but this time it didn't. I looked at the "Disable low disc space check" in the recording settings but that was not selected so I have no idea why this happened. Hopefully this was just a one-off glitch.

I usually record six hours of the band overnight and had substantially less this time. Probably less than a third. To make up for this and also the poor conditions, I made two additional 90 minute recordings during the evening, which was just enough to dig out one solitary logging.

Good DX!

John Faulkner
Skegness, Lincolnshire (JO03dd) <3m ASL.
Blog: http://skegnessdx.blogspot.co.uk
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/g1vvp
Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/skegnessdx

Receiver:
Elad FDM-S2

Aerials:
Körner 9.2 @ 5.5 metres agl. QTH is 3 metres asl.
Triax FM3, one metre above the ground as a phasing antenna.
Fringe Electronics 20dB & Labgear 30dB band 2 pre-amps.
HS Publications Antenna Phaser.

Software: Elad FDM-SW2, SDR Console & RDS Spy via VAC.

Rotator:
Yaesu G-5500 azimuth & elevation rotator, allowing antenna to be vertical, horizontal, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment